Samantha and her crew XD
So, I went out with a couple of girl friends last Wednesday and it was a pretty entertaining evening. I was a bit late (typical Angel fashion really) and I arrived with them already have discussed new things about each other.
Anyway, what amused me was the topic of what 21 and 23-year-olds do. You see, there were only two of us in the group who are 25 and the rest are a few years older. The other 25-year-old is having this flirty thing with a 21-year-old boy and we were discussing the motives.
Friend: Let’s face it, what were you guys doing when you were at that age?
Friend: Angel, you were 21 when we were 23.
I didn’t comment any longer but in my head I was really looking back because they were saying those age was when they party and just simply have fun. But all I can remember was, sure, I was in parties too, but I was working.
We all work in a PR agency. That’s part of our job. We dine out, we party, we go to events. We talk to media, we talk to CEOs, and with all those long hours of devoting both your social and professional life in one place, I can’t really remember simply having fun and fooling around with guys.
All the flirting, playing coy, and being charming on my part was all done for the love of the job. Then I must be that boring huh? LOL. Just some random thoughts that presented itself to me this early Sunday morning.
PS: I was in an LDR entanglement then as well so maybe that’s another reason of me focusing solely on work and not meeting and playing around?
So, I was rereading old emails and a great wave of longing for someone hit me. It made me think that I wish some things doesn’t change.
That laughing about silly things and sharing little facts about each other could have been enough, that complications such as emotions don’t come in the way of a friendship.
I miss you, airheaded and all.
have you considered that maybe i am not pleasant?
maybe i wear lipstick so that
you will see my pretty pink mouth
wrapping around a coffee cup lid
and be distracted enough not to notice
that i am intelligent and powerful;
maybe i draw my brows into high arches
so you will look at my unimpressed skepticism
and overlook my spiteful glare
as a trick of my silly, girlish routine.
maybe i wear my heels so high and thin
so that i grasp your attention with the sway of my hips
as i listen to the click-clack-click against the floor
and know that if you should try to overpower me
i walk on sharpened knives.
maybe when i laugh at your worthless jokes
i am really baring my fangs
waiting patiently for the day
that i sink them into your neck.
i am not made of porcelain pleasantries;
you will find that these things are my armor
to keep you at a distance
so you do not step on me and shatter
my fragile control.
i am not a husk — i am not wilting.
i am turning my head
so that the fire blazing through my eyes
does not catch on the accelerant of your sweaty palms
and burn your bones to dust.
i am not your pretty girl;
i am a fury, a faerie, a phoenix —
a forest of werewolves and wendigos
that will carve out your chest
so that the next time i paint my pretty pink lips
i will taste the copper tang of your dying breaths.
I’m the girl who prefers one rose instead of a dozen. I’m the girl who would rather stay in on a Friday night than go to a wild party with random strangers. I’m the girl who wouldn’t make you wait on her hand and foot, but would do anything to make you happy. I’m the girl who would enjoy having a movie night rather than going to some fancy restaurant. I’m the girl who would rather stay up all night sharing secrets than going out and getting drunk. I’m the girl who won’t make you hold her bags, but would rather hold your hand instead. I’m the girl who will love you more than anyone can possibly dream of. I’m the girl who would give the world to see you smile. I’m the girl who cries herself to sleep at night thinking of you, when i know I’m the last thing on your mind. Yeah, I’m that girl.
(I don’t know where I got this but I was cleaning my email and saw this one. Describes me to the T.)
Fill this in with stuff about youAge:
Where I’m from:
Where I would like to live:
Favorite TV show:
Game of Thrones
Too many to mention just one.
Random fact about me:
I love Boyzone
Favorite day of the year:
I had numerous cats
What I’m listening to right now:
Someday We'll Know - New Radicals
Last movie I’ve watched:
Olympus has fallen
What’s my ringtone:
Live in this City - Dragonettes
1. Are you more feminine or masculine? Feminine
2. Are you tall or short? Well short...
3. What’s your favorite color? Aqua
4. What do you love about yourself? My persistence?
5. What’s your greatest flaw? Trusting easily
6. Do you see yourself differently than other people describe you? Yes
7. What are you really, really good at? Writing?
8. What’s something you’re bad at, but love? Determining right from left
9. What’s something people have tried to force you to do? Forgive a person
10. How do you spend your free time? Reading books and manga
11. Describe the way you dress in one sentence. I dress up properly for any occassion.
12. Have you ever gotten your nails professionally painted? yes
13. What is the most insulting thing anyone has said to you? that I won't graduate from college because I will get pregnant
14. Favorite game? Super Mario
15. What color is your hair? Black
16. Do you believe in god? Yes
17. Is men’s rights a thing? Nope
18. Does love really exist? Yep
19. Can science explain everything, eventually? Nope
20. Are we raised into what we love, or do we come to love it based on how we were raised? the latter
21. How do you feel about the school system? It works for some.
22. Do you believe in fate/destiny? A bit
23. What is art? Any form of expression.
24. Do we define ourselves, or does our past? We define ourselves
25. What happens after we die? I don't know
26. Do humans matter--tiny specs on a floating piece of rock in a solar 27. system in a galaxy in an infinite universe? Ano daw?
28. Is there good in everyone? Yep
29. Does apathy really exist? Yep
29. Is human life only valuable because our society makes it? Of course not.
30. How do you feel about society, the vague “they” blamed for everything? It's unclear
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ～『✧~*LOVEY-DOVEY PREFERENCE STUFF*~✧』
31. What gender do you prefer? Male
32. What’s the first thing you notice about someone? Height
33. Could you love someone you found ugly? Yes
34. Favorite hair color? Brown
35. Favorite eye color? Blue
36. Ideal height? 5'8" above
37. Describe, personality-wise, what your ideal boy/girlfriend would be like? Someone who has a sense of humor, witty, and loves to read
38. Describe, appearance-wise, what your ideal boy/girlfriend would be like? Tall, fit, and can dresses well.
39. What do you look for--brains or looks? a bit of both
40. Could you fall in love online? Maybe
41. How much of an age cap can you handle? 15
42. How would you introduce yourself on a blind date? Hi, I'm Angel.
43. Could you forgive a cheater? Depends.
44. Is lying about something serious as bad as cheating? Yes
45. Right now, you could call the person you like/love (if you aren’t dating/engaged/married already), or show up at their front door, and just confess or kiss them or whatever. What’s stopping you? My laziness.